Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today WILL Be Better


Yesterday was such a cruddy day. I don't know if all this dark, gloomy weather is getting to me or what! I am ready for some sunshine.

I got a check from a decorator yesterday. She had shorted me 20.00 on an install. She says that is what I quoted her but I can't imagine doing that. I missed my anniversary diner because of this install. The customer even asked me to carry this MASSIVE piece of art into her home from the garage. I had to go around the front of the house and "walk" it all the way up her front stairs. I did this to add that little bit of customer service for the decorator and I get shorted. I was so discouraged the rest of the day.

I had an install yesterday afternoon that took 4 hours. Most of the time, I was just sitting there watching the install. I even read a book to the customer's little girl while I waited. Actually, it was 2 books. She was really sweet so I didn't mind.

I have to use what installer the decorator chooses and sometimes it's weird when you don't really know them. I knew this guy because this decorator uses him all the time. It just really helps when you know them well because you know how they work and can help them more.

Plus, when you are sitting there forever, you can chit chat while you are working. lol.

Today I'm going to work on crib bedding and some panels and go back to being encourage.
The above picture is one that Kami from KHeaton Photography took from the show home.

No comments:

Post a Comment