Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Busy Start to a Busy Week


Still trying to get back into the swing of things after a severe case of jet lag. I really enjoyed my trip to Paris with my friends in tow.

I am working feverishly to get some orders out as well as getting everything ready for the show home. Chris, the upholsterer and I spent Friday afternoon at Award Fabrics downtown to pick out fabrics for the furniture in the show home. It is going to look fabulous. I took a cue from Paris and went with grays, cream and blacks. Kami, the photographer who went to Paris, is going to enlarge some of the pictures she took to hang on the walls. I think it is going to come together better than we think.

I broke down and hired another assistant. Her name is Teresa and she will be working 3 days a week with Lisa and me. I have hired 3 people and all of them have quilting experience. Something says I need to start doing some quilting. LOL.

You know when you are busiest, everything is going to go wrong. My blind hemmer bit the dust yesterday and I had to not only pay for repair, I had to pay the same day rush charge. I'm in the wrong business. I need to start repairing machines.

I hope that is the only thing that gets in the way of getting these orders done.

No comments:

Post a Comment