Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day late and a dollar short


I spent all day shopping for the show home. I have to move in this week due to the opening party being next friday night. I picked out fabric for the sewing room window treatment but have no idea what I'm going to make.

I went to get the coffee table and round dining table and they were out of the coffee table so I had to pick another one. Of course it was more expensive. Then I went to get the rug and bookcase and they were out of both and had no idea when they were coming in. I am down to the wire here and the budget is blown and I have to start from scratch on several pieces. This is going to be interesting.

I went downtown to get the fabric for the sofa, chairs and draperies because I was told they were going to be in on thursday morning......NO, they were not. I have to go back monday. Chris, the upholsterer was not happy. I wasn't happy either. Total wasted day so I decided to take the kids to a movie to chill out. I went to 5 theaters and missed the movie we wanted to see by 30 minutes or so. We then decided to go skating but when we got there were told they were closing in 10 minutes. Is there a theme here? That has been my week. Glad to start over on monday. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment