Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Day


It was another snow day here so of course, I got nothing done. My studio is in my basement and I have 5 kids. Need I say more. When I came upstairs to check on them, the house was wrecked. Not a little messy, we are talking marshmellows on the floor, bread on the coffee table, naked toddlers, the works. (I did make them clean it all up) I'm so ready for school to get back in session. I had just got my routine back in order from the holidays and then snow. I need a little order back!!!
I spent the morning pretty much yawning through my work. I did get some supply ordering done. I don't know why but I procrastinate so bad when it comes to stuff like that. I wait until the last minute and then have
to rush. I must work on that this year.
We did get a london shade finished for a client. I love those shades when they are made out of the right fabric. Soft fabrics work best. When they are stiff, they just loose the soft folds they are intended to have. Thankfully, this fabric was soft.
I am going to spend the rest of the day figuring yardage and cutting lumber.
Oh, I did find out that we will have work in the Buckhead Symphony Showhome this year. We will be doing bedding and window treatments. I think the Symphony Showhome is the most prestigious show home in town. We will be working for a decorator. I'm very excited to be able to have work there. Hope you can come see it.
(Above photo is a luxury dog/cat bed we made for a showhome)

No comments:

Post a Comment