Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Busy Day


Wow, what a busy day this was. Had a measure this morning that was supposed to be 7 rooms and turned out to be 14. I'm not complaining, it's business. It took longer than I planned though, so I will have to make up the time tonight by getting some work done. Oh well, I will put in a movie and see how much I can get done before the movie is over. LOL. That is how I pace myself. I'm excited about this job, though. This designer always lets me do really different stuff and add a little creative detail to things.
I have an assistant, Lisa, who works here full time with me. We do really well together but on days like today, I think how nice it would be to have one more person to work. It really hurts when I have to be out of the workroom, but I have to be out of the workroom to get the work. I guess I can't win.
I am putting together some sample pieces to start doing a drapery trunk show. You've heard of Pampered Chef or Southern Living at Home. This would be the same concept but instead of home decor items, it would be samples of draperies, pillows, etc. The samples would show different fabrics, trims and details that could be added to draperies. The best part is, NO SELLING. Your friends could get together for food and fun without the need to pull out their pocketbooks. They could enjoy all the goodies, guilt free. I say this because I designed a drapery panel that takes a certain kind of fabric and I have looked high and low for it without any luck, but today, I found it. The sample is being put in the mail today. I will post a pic when I get it made. I think it will look really cool, we'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment