Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Monday, May 17, 2010

Exciting Week's
















It was really an exciting week here at Cherry Lane.





Lisa and I went to the International Window Coverings Expo on Thursday. I have to say that I was just a tad disappointed because it was smaller than in years past. Some of the vendors that I was looking for were not there, but some of my favorites were such as Award Fabrics. Mark was on hand making bloody mary's for everyone. (we took the bottled water). We opened accounts with LA Freds for a new line of fabrics and we also ordered and new line of trims. We are also carrying Norman plantation shutters now. Very exciting. Can't wait for my first order.





We visited the "Custom Home Furnishings Academy" booth and ooohhhed and aaaahhhed at all the samples that were hanging. We also went to the Dofix booth and found the most amazing iron. It was definitely something to save for and purchase next year. I renewed a lot of my subscriptions as well. I wasn't thinking and I wore new shoes to the show. The day ended when my feet screamed, "ENOUGH ALREADY".





We also got several orders finished last week and tried to keep as much to our schedule as possible. Keeping up with who, what, where and why is really working out for us. Lisa and I did work late on Thursday night to make up for being at the show.





The show got me to thinking and doing some self examining. I really want to take the business to the next level and I'm just trying to figure out what and where that is. I've been doing a lot of soul searching this weekend (in between company, ballet, baseball, etc).





The photos above are from the Expo. Hope you enjoy. It really was a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment