Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

9 Hour Install????


I time myself for ever thing. How much house cleaning can I do during commercials, can I unload and load the dishwasher during a commercial, how fast can I get a pillow made (my record is 21 minutes), how much work can I get done during a movie, etc. Today, I reached a new low. I went to an install and realized I was missing a bracket. I called Lisa (my assistant) and she found it so I raced back to get it. Being lunchtime, I stopped at one of those gas station/ fast food places to fill up and grab lunch. I actually timed myself to see if I could eat my lunch while 25.00 worth of gas pumped in my car. The bad thing is that I did it.

Today was crazy. I thought this install would last 3 hours, it lasted 9. I left there, went to pick up fabric and drove to drop off draperies and pick up cushions. I got back after 9pm. I don't seem to be able to get home before then when I am out. Eva was with me most of the day so we had fun together. We sang ABBA tunes in the car. She is so funny.

The above picture is of the master bedroom that we did today. There were a lot of other rooms and I will post those pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment