Photo Courtesy of Designer Anne Ciccoini

Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year







I hope everyone is having a really Happy New Year. I have set some goals for myself, not resolutions that I will break, just goals to strive for. I took some advice from a book I'm reading and wrote them down. (Reading the book was one of my goals). I see them everyday. I even put dates on the deadline for getting them done. I'm constantly reminded that time is fleeting and I need to get my goals accomplished before the deadline. A lot of my goals were in the business arena. I'm making some progress but still have a ways to go. I'm excited about the new year, though and all that it has to offer.





One of the first things going is "The Next Cool Event" in Febuary. I'm making a 15 ft voodoo doll as the centerpiece for the Voodoo Bar. I'm excited about that. I've posted an artist rendering of it. Actually, the artist is a client who did me a HUGE favor by doing this. Thank you Eric. I will pay you back!!!





One of my goals this year is to learn how to smock panels. I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques. I found a sewing school in London, England. Now isn't that special. I can merge my urge to travel with education. Can you beat that? I'm also going to post some photos of things I love on here to share some design inspiration. I'm going to try to get most of my own house done this year as well. That will be a challange but I'm up to it.





Happy New Year everyone. Make the most of the days you are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment